The certificate requires renewal two years from the date of issuance of certification. AABC requires the submission of a Certification Renewal Form. The Certification Renewal Form will require 20 CEUs/CMEs of continuing education. Alternatively, if your professional work has been supervised and you have completed a minimum of 2,000 hours of counseling/treatment hours this can satisfy CEU/CME requirements. Documentation from supervisor is required.
AABC now offers 20 hours of online CEUs/CMEs. However, all accredited CEUs/CMEs that correlate to bariatric counseling will be accepted.
For more information visit CEU Course Description.
To begin the process of Certification Renewal, follow these instructions:
- Complete all mandatory fields of information
- Upload all required documentation including copies of all continuing education units (CEUs) or Documentation from supervisor verifying you have completed a minimum of 2,000 hours of counseling/treatment hours.
- If you have completed AABC Module 1 please check appropriate box.
- Sign and date the Certification Renewal form.
- Click the PayPal button to submit the Certification Renewal Fee of $150.00 by PayPal Services
- Click here to start Renewal Application
By mail: Mail check made payable to the American Association of Bariatric Counselors ($150.00) to:
American Association of Bariatric Counselors
110 Chestnut Ridge Road, suite 137
Montvale, NJ 07645
IMPORTANT: Certificate holders that do not apply for renewal on time may be required to re-apply for admission.