Certification requires renewal two years from the date of issuance of Certification. Therefore, to keep your Certification in good standing AABC requires the completion of a Certification Renewal Form (which is now available online below). The Certification Renewal Form will require 20 CEUs/CMEs of continuing education.
Alternatively, if your professional work has been supervised and you have completed a minimum of 2,000 hours of counseling/treatment hours, since your last certification, this can satisfy CEU/CME requirements. Documentation from your supervisor or allied professional that could attest to the scope of your professional work is required.
AABC does offer 20 hours of online CEUs but you are not required to register for our CEUs. Any accredited provider that offers CEUs related to bariatric science, psychology, nutrition, medicine, biology etc. will satisfy the requirement. However if you would like to take the AABC CEU course, here is a link to the AABC CEU course description: https://www.aabc- certification.org/moderationmodule/ If you are interested in the AABC CEU’s you can pay the tuition through Paypal directly from this page and I will facilitate registration.
To begin the process of Certification Renewal, follow these instructions:
- Complete all mandatory fields of information
- Upload all required documentation including copies of all continuing education units (CEUs) or Documentation from supervisor verifying you have completed a minimum of 2,000 hours of counseling/treatment hours.
- If you have completed AABC Module 1 please check appropriate box.
- Sign and date the Certification Renewal form.
- Click the PayPal button to submit the Certification Renewal Fee of $150.00 by PayPal Services
- Click here to start Renewal Application
By mail: Mail check made payable to the American Association of Bariatric Counselors ($150.00) to:
American Association of Bariatric Counselors
P.O. Box 5504
Sun City Center, Florida 33571
IMPORTANT: Certificate holders that do not apply for renewal on time may be required to re-apply for admission.